Thursday, June 25, 2009

A HOT update!!!


An anniversary of 42 years, visiting family and a brief health check kept me from my blog last week.

The landscaping this time of year is so beautiful. Everything is in bloom. I am hoping this HOT week in Wisconsin won't injure my plantings. I rise early to give them all TLC and to weed my vegetable garden. My assistant is pictured above. On the good side the weather makes me stay inside to complete projects. Making freezer jam has been a priority. I enjoy serving it to my guests in the morning. Guests can rent the entire home on a daily basis but breakfast is not included. I still like to have little treats for them to enjoy.

The businesses that met at the B & B this spring to network had our third meeting. A name was chosen, Networking Area Businesses (NAB). A great group of business owners with the same mission. I ordered our banner and we will be setting up at the Poynette 2009 Historic Home and Garden Tour/Arts and Crafts Fair on July 10-11. Hope to see you there....
Now the answer to the question of June 11:

Which of these was recorded by Fats Domino and then covered by Pat Boone?
"Ain't that a Shame"

Name the song with "A-wop bop a-loo bop a-lop bam boom"?
1. Good Golly Miss Molly
2. Be-Bop-a-Lula
3. Tutti Fruitti

More 50's Prices:
Quart of Milk: 21 cents
Loaf of Bread: 19 cents
Coffee Per Pound: 37 cents


No comments:

Post a Comment