Thursday, June 11, 2009

Daughter & Husband Visit

What a perfect reason to miss my blogging!!! My daughter and her husband came for a visit and I took the week off. We had hours of visiting and catching up. Allot of time was spent in the B & B to see all my latest treasures. I hope to take some time off this summer to visit Colorado and their beautiful new home.

I attended the Columbia County Visitors Bureau meeting and the Columbia County Economic Development Corporation inventors meeting. There are many sources out there to make your business a success. It just takes time to learn about them and apply what is available for your business. I was overwhelmed at all the work and commitment the members have to promote tourism and Columbia County.

1950's Trivia Questions
Which of these was recorded by Fats Domino and then covered by Pat Boone?
1. April Love
2. Ain't That a Shame
3. I'm Walkin
The answer next week.....
How Much Did It Cost?
Coke--5 cents
Gallon of Gas--25 cents
Movie Ticket--50 cents
McDonald's Hamburger--15 cents
More next week.......
As I promised here is my no fail recipe for two Rhubarb Pies:
4 cups rhubarb, cut up
2 cups sugar
6 tablespoons flour
2 pinches of salt
3 eggs beaten
Topping
1 cup dark brown sugar
4 T flour
4 T butter
Mix the pie ingredients together and put in unbaked pie shell.
Mix the topping ingredients and sprinkle over the pie.
Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment