Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Tourism Gets A Boost in the Empire Prairie AND a Recipe for Strawberry Coffee Cake

I attended the ribbon cutting in Lodi on Monday morning for the Wisconsin Scenic Byway. I met some very nice people and of course distributed literature for the Bed & Breakfast. I had the option to continue on to Prairie du Chien, but my schedule was full. The speaker mentioned the "Travel Green Wisconsin" program. I was certified last year. I have brochures for the Lower Wisconsin River Road tour and can mail them to anyone interested.

The Networking group that I hosted earlier this month met in Poynette at the beautiful Victorian home of the owner of The Capri Gallery. I believe we all departed with lots of new sources and ideas to build our businesses. There will be meetings through the summer months.

I have a strawberry theme in my large 50's kitchen. The following recipe has had good reviews from my guests:

STRAWBERRY COFFEE CAKE

1/4 C vegetable oil
1 C sugar
2 beaten eggs
1 pt fresh strawberries, mashed
3 C self rising flour
1/2 t salt
3 T milk
1/2 t vanilla
1/2 t lemon flavoring
1/4 C granulated sugar
pecans, opt.

Beat vegetable oil and sugar together. Add eggs and strawberries and beat well. Add flour and salt to mixture with milk and lemon. Beat well and stir in the pecans. Line muffins tins with paper cups and fill each 2/3 full. Before baking, sprinkle with large crystal sugar. Bake in a 350 deg. oven approx. 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment