Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorable Memorial Day

Last weekend my 50's home was full. It is so much fun to visit and get to know my guests. All enjoyed the treasures I have acquired and was asked to give a brief tour. I was told they spent hours stepping back in time and enjoying the items remembered from their childhood. As they rented the home, they made their breakfast with the vintage appliances. I was asked to come in and get a peek of the yummy recipe in the oven. Here is the recipe they shared with me:

Finnish Oven Pancake

Mix: 4 large eggs, 2 cup milk, 1 cup flour, 1/2 c sugar

In a cast iron skillet/pot, melt 1/4 pound butter by setting in a 425 deg. oven.

Pour mixture into the melted butter and return to 425 deg. oven for 30 minutes. Serve with maple syrup or jam.

It looked and smelled great. An iron skillet is on my list of things to buy. Enjoy!! Isn't it fun to learn new things!!!

My time was spent in my gardens. I can be available for my guests and also concentrate on landscaping, etc. I have drawn up plans for my gazebo but have to decide on the size. I want it to be large enough for weddings, ice cream socials and vintage car shows but cozy for an evening get-together on the "prairie".

I harvested my rhubarb and made two great pies. Tune in next week for the easy recipe....

No comments:

Post a Comment