Thursday, August 13, 2009

MEETING NEW PEOPLE-PRICELESS


It's hard to put into words how much I enjoyed getting to know everyone. This whole group meet in the winter months in a warmer climate and have become a close family, all from different states and Canada. Now, that is really rare. Getting together this year during the summer months was a first. I have received lovely notes and a surprise gift of address labels that feature the B & B picture.
The parades were the following weekend. A good friend surprised me by offering his 57, red, T-Bird convertible for me to ride in. I dressed up in my 50's clothes complete with "horned rimed glasses". The rain or heat did not detract from the fun. It was a great way to let everyone know where I am. I will share the picture with you next week.
My daughter designed a book mark to distribute at the State Fair, so that is my destination this week. Printed on the book mark is "Book this 1950s themed home!". Neat!
For the next three weeks, I will share my new recipes that I made for the NAB group.
Kitchen Sink Potato Salad
4 Lbs of potatoes pealed and cooked in 5 cups of chicken broth
Dressing: 3 T Dijon mustard; 1 T lemon juice; 1/2 t sugar; 1/2 C olive oil; 1/4 C mayonnaise; 1 t mustard power; 1/2 t celery seed; salt & pepper to taste
Mix well (really good)
Add to potatoes: 1 T minced dill pickle; 1/2 C minced red onion; 4 green onions sliced; 3/4 C chopped celery; 1 C chopped red & green bell peppers; 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped; 1/3 C green stuffed olives chopped; 1/3 C black olives chopped; 1/2 C pickle relish; 4 slices bacon crumbled. Mix w/dressing
Paul Anka wrote "Puppy Love" for Annette Funicello
In 1952, The Yankee Clipper retired from baseball. Who is he?
1. Joe DiMaggio 2. Stan Musial 3. Casey Stengel
In the 50's: a roll of toilet tissue-5 cents; magazines-15 cents; pact of cigarettes-20 cents

No comments:

Post a Comment