Sunday, August 2, 2009

COLORADO TRIP SOFTENS THE 65TH BIRTHDAY OF YOUR HOST

I would like to believe that the desert was in full bloom for my 65th birthday but I just arrived at the right time. I enjoyed my week with my daughter and son-in-law, beautiful home, good food and fun.

My B & B is home this weekend to two lovely couples from Canada and Illinois. Reserved as a vacation home, the entire 50's furnishings are available to play with. Once again my life has been enriched by my guests. The weather has been beautiful.

The weekend is full next week. Lodi has Suzie the Duck Days on Saturday and the Arlington Festival is Thursday thru Sunday. Their parade is on Sunday and I have been looking for my 50's car to ride in, dressed in 50's clothing. I haven't had any success and nothing else seems right. Both events are lots of fun.

Question: What was Lucy's maiden name? Lucy Macgillicuddy.

Question: Paul anka's "Puppy Love" is written to what Star?

The average U.S salary in 1950 was $2992.00. Most or all our possesions were made in the USA. Most of the furnishings in my B & B were made in the USA.

I haven't found any new receipes. Check out my blog partner at Lapaceks Orchards, they have lots of great apple receipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment